Monday 17 October 2011

Week 3 progress

Thank Giving Week 
 
       The "3 levels" and Kotler Product Levels tools take time and effort to use, and lots of qualitative research is required to begin "decoding" what your product/service really is and what the "potential products" (also called "emotional products") are.  Being able to describe them in rich sentences is required.

Men's Timberland® Mountain Athletics® LiteTrace™ Mid Waterproof Hiker - Timberland
      As I learn from Paul and from the Kotler Product Levels, the core benefit of the product is a first level of consumer awareness. The consumer just touch only the top surface benefit of the product.

     The second level is combine the two of expected and argument level together to form a educated customer awareness which this group of customer will compare the benefit, quality, and differences between each products.  

      Lastly, the third level of marketing customer awareness is the potential emotion that customer have and response to the product.

      I did the Kotler Chart, which posted last week, I found out that the I was mass up the argument part for my Timberland footwear. The argument should be something that add other value more than the customer expected. It could be extra features of the boots that provided in case of the Timberland. Therefore, after I fixed my chart I be able to come with three samples of the strong sentences that customers, hiker, have emotions or feelings to the hiking boots.

1. I can get out from the busy world and come closer to the nature.
2. My family will be healthy.
3. People will become more environmental friendly, save today for tomorrow, keep the nature for next generations.
 
To come up with the strong phase, I feel that it is complicated to combine the word and emotion into a written language. However, as Paul said " Practice, practice, practice" will make me be able to ride a bicycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment